2. Feature Keys
3. Handset user guides
Basic testing to be done before installing VoIP Line
1. Make sure that the VoIP port 5060 is available on the Internet line.
2. A minimum of 256 Kbps Internet bandwidth is required for a single VoIP line.
For testing use http://www.speedtest.net
3. Check the type of network you have i.e. Dynamic IP or Static IP. Usually Dynamic IP is the most used network type. If it is a Static IP, ask the customer for the following details
a. IP Address
b. Subnet Mask
c. Gateway/Router IP
d. DNS Server
4. If there is a local Firewall (Hardware/Software), please make sure that the Server IP/domain and VoIP device IP Address has full access on the firewall on both inward and outward directions. For Software Firewall, it is necessary that the softphone application (e.g. X-Lite) is allowed.
5. It is always recommended to separate the Data traffic and Voice (VoIP) traffic, as it may affect the VoIP QoS (Quality of Service).